Thursday 22 May 2014

More Research!

Over the past few days I've been spending about an hour each night reading my fathers physics textbooks to better understand the concepts I briefly read about online. Unfortunately the textbooks reference things I'm yet to learn, so progress has been very slow. Regardless I'll push onwards, I have a good sense of why the engines are shaped as they are and what the purpose of each part is. Soon I think I'll be able to start choosing resources and weights for different parts to attempt some calculations as to how much mechanical energy will be generated.

In hopes of speeding up progress I went to McMaster's engineering library today to find some books specifically on Sterling Engines. I ended up buying a $60 library card for the year and renting out 4 books for the next two weeks. They appear to be very promising after reading the first few pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment